Friday, September 24, 2010

Barbecue Cups

Every week, when I make the grocery list, I ask Norris what he wants on it, and I pretty much always get the same answer. This time, he had a some dinner requests, including chipped beef on toast, spaghetti with clam sauce, and barbecue cups. I decided I'd do one a week for the next few weeks, so I'm starting with barbecue cups from Michelle's Meals on a Budget. I went all out and used refrigerated biscuit dough for the full effect :) (hey, nothing wrong with the already made stuff, I just think it's fun to make my own normally!)
They're nice and sloppy, quick, cheap, and easy! I'm certain this would please any kid, and most grown men, too:) It did bring back a little taste of childhood!

Barbecue Cups
makes 12 servings
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained (I used lean ground turkey)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (took more like 2/3 cup for me; used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 T dried minced onion, optional (used it!! the only time I can get away with onion is when it's dried:)
1 T brown sugar
1 can refrigerator biscuits (used Pillsbury buttermilk flaky--10 in a can; should have used 12 though)
3/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Mix cooked ground beef with barbecue sauce, onions, and brown sugar.
Grease muffin tins. Flatten biscuits, then press in to cup shape in the tins. Spoon beef mixture into the cups. Top with grated cheese (save some for topping after they bake).
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

No comments: