Monday, March 23, 2009

Chipped Beef On Toast

I had to share this post because:



a)This is one of Norris' favorite things his mom makes him. I think she makes it every time he goes home to hunt, and he says he always eats about 10 pieces of toast...oy!



b)the nickname for it is hilarious-- S.O.S., or "S*** on a shingle". I just think that's a hilarious thing to call food that you actually like to eat! I mean, just look at the picture..not exactly an appetizing picture, but he loves this stuff!





This recipe is just like I like it--simple and fast. He was even in the kitchen helping out to get it done faster. I probably asked him ten times if it looked like it was supposed to, because I didn't want to mess up his mom's recipe!


I have to say though...this was not my thing. I was on board to try it, but I had PB&J instead (nothing wrong with that, it's one of my favorites!). Too paprika-ish for me, but the hubs loved it! I will definitely be making it many more times for him. I think I might make my own on the side minus paprika, more like a sausage gravy type thing.


His mom wrote the recipe down for me so I could make it for him here:



Chipped Beef on Toast

source: Deb :)

1 pkg (2.5 oz) Hormel Sliced and Dried beef, chopped

1/4 c butter or margarine

1/4 c flour

1 T paprika

2 c milk

1 t Worcestershire sauce

1 small can mushroom pieces


Melt butter, then stir in flour and paprika.

Stir until thick and bubbly.

Add milk, and stir until thickened.

Add beef, mushrooms, and W sauce, cook 1 minute, and serve over toast.

1 comment:

J.L. Danger said...

this is one of my husbands favorites too! MEN!