Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mushroom Swiss Sliders with Spicy Fry Sauce

I have probably mentioned this lots of times, but Norris loves mushrooms! They are something I don't really remember eating growing up, and have never gravitated toward, but cook a lot with now that I found my man :)
The Pioneer Woman is forever posting butter-laden dishes that will make you drool, and I don't normally try out many of them even though I love looking at them, but when I saw these, I immediately printed the recipe because I knew I'd have to give them a try in our house! Lauren and Zac also ate with us, and we all liked the flavor combination. I had just a touch of heavy cream left from making s'mores ice cream, so I was glad to use that up. I just bought some rolls and toasted them under the broiler. The "fry sauce" was really great, too!!
For the most part, I followed her instructions, except I cooked the mushrooms and onions separately, then put them in separate bowls on the table so we could each top our own. I cooked the burgers most of the way in the pan, then topped them with cheese and finished them off in the oven, also so they would stay warm. These would also be great in full-size burgers!

Link to Recipe (and you can see her step by step photo instructions!)

No comments: