Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

Now that we are in the third week of school, I finally feel like I have a routine down (although I still am completely exhausted and asleep by 7:30 one night a week...always am in the first few weeks of school!). This leaves me some more time and energy to try out some new recipes, which I have been doing this week, but not documenting much!
I don't share every single recipe I try...if I don't like them, I don't have a good reason to share them! I made a tzaziki sauce this week that was definitely not anything I would make again, but if you have a great recipe for it, I'd love to see it! Norris likes me to make pizza once a week, so I try to throw it in at least once every two weeks as a compromise! I also made creamy taco mac this week, which is a great healthier alternative to Hamburger Helper. I liked it better the next day once the flavors had time to hang out together more. It incorporates low fat cream cheese, low fat sour cream, whole wheat pasta, and lean ground turkey for a meal you can feel good about eating!
After you eat all those better-for-you ingredients, you can switch to this butter/sugar/peanut butter combo: oatmeal peanut butter cookies! I thought about making no-bakes, but then decided I wanted something different. I found these cookies from The Leland House in Durango, CO. and really liked them! I like the peanut butter and oats mixed with the slightest hint of cinnamon. This makes 48 cookies, so I just made half of a recipe. You could always freeze the dough balls and have something to bake later.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies


1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup peanut butter
2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. Add in dry ingredients.
Chill dough for 30 minutes to an hour (overnight is fine if you don't have the time!). * The original recipe doesn't call for this, but I just about always chill my dough before baking.*
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. (mine took exactly 11)

No comments: