Monday, April 9, 2012

Funfetti Cake Batter Dip

We had this at a coworker's baby shower and everyone wanted the recipe--it's so good and perfect for showers and get togethers (perfect because then you don't eat it all yourself). She got it from her sister in law, who got it from Pinterest, so I don't know who to give the credit to, but I wish I knew so I could personally thank them! I am so guilty of licking the bowl of cake batter when I make a cake...I like it better than the baked cake. This is just like it, but without the risk of foodborne illness from raw eggs. This is great served with vanilla wafers, animal crackers, pineapple, and strawberries. I am sure it would be good on just about anything!! Also, you could use any flavor of cake mix that you like--devil's food would be a great fluffy chocolate dip for the same dippers, lemon would be a pretty springy option, or whatever your favorite flavor is would probably be really good, too!



Funfetti Cake Batter Dip

2 (6 oz) cartons fat free vanilla yogurt
1 (8 oz) tub light cool whip
2/3 of a box of funfetti cake mix (she said she used the whole thing, but I thought it was plenty flavorful with just 2/3 of the box....plus, this way I can make it in tiny batches in the future:)

Beat all ingredients together for about three minutes. I liked it better after it was refrigerated for at least an hour. It gets fluffier and I thought it was better that way. But hey, I'm not saying I didn't eat it right after I made it...

No comments: