Friday, January 1, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites

Look at these little dandies (you should look at their pictures, not mine--I forgot to take one until we were already in the car and they were in the crockpot!)--easy to make and perfect party finger food. I just got finished making these (as in, my hands still smell like bacon. Hope that doesn't stick around on my keyboard...) and they're pretty great! As of a week ago, I did not like bacon or mayonnaise. This week, I ate both. I don't know what's wrong with me, or if it's around to stay. I still really can't stand the thought of a potato salad type thing with thick mayonnaise in it though. Who knows? I also had bacon at my parents' house and liked it, weird! So, I decided to try it this way for a New Years party we went to.
This recipe is from Pioneer Woman, who I am constantly trying to win a KitchenAid mixer from. Hopefully my day will come. She actually was sharing it from someone else--here are both links.







Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites

1 lb bacon
1 can chunk pineapple, drained (can sub fresh pineapple here)
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used closer to 3/4-1 cup)


Preheat oven to 375. Cut bacon in half.
Place brown sugar in shallow dish. Dredge bacon through brown sugar, place a pineapple chunk on the bacon, and roll the half slice around the chunk. Secure with toothpick.

Bake on roaster or just in jelly roll pan (foil lined or Silpat for easy cleanup!) for 25 minutes. Place under broiler for last few minutes for the crispy bite. Enjoy!

(I kept them warm in a crockpot for the party-they lost their crisp but they were still good!)

No comments: