Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Panko Crusted Pork Chops

This is another recipe from my cousin Carianne--I've almost tried every recipe she's given me and I've enjoyed them all! The only thing I changed was to bake them instead of pan fry them. I have had them stovetop before though and they are excellent that way, too!

Like she said, less smoke in the house this way, too! I served these with apricot balsamic vinaigrette (also from Carianne) and my favorite apple spinach salad.




Panko-Crusted Pork Chops

2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 c whole wheat panko bread crumbs
2 T olive oil (if you are cooking stovetop)
4, 4 oz pork chops

Mix egg whites and egg on a large flat plate. Place bread crumbs on another large plate.
(If cooking stovetop, heat pan and olive oil. If baking, preheat oven to 400 F). Coat pork chops with egg mixture then bread crumbs and cook in pan for eight minutes on each side or in the oven for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. I used my pizza crisper pan to make sure to get crispy on both sides. The underside always crisps first, so don't be fooled because your top isn't crisp--go ahead and flip halfway through! Check with meat thermometer that you're eating fully cooked pork!


Serve with apricot balsamic vinaigrette.

I calculated these to be 282 calories per chop. (if you bake them)

No comments: