Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Penne with Shrimp and Mushrooms

While eating this, Norris declared it to be one of his favorites. I'm sorry Weight Watchers, but we had to finish the sauce with a bit more butter (about a teaspoon or so) and a little salt. There may have been a light sprinkling of mozzarella on top (but light, promise!!:). I sound like I'm actually on WW--no, I'm not. Just looked through my cookbook this weekend and decided to cook out of it for this week. A couple more recipes to come from them, but try this one! I love shrimp, Norris loves mushrooms, this was great for us.


Penne with Shrimp and Mushrooms
Makes 4 servings
1 Tbsp (plus 1 tsp, my addition) stick margarine
1 onion, chopped (obviously left this out)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup minced parsley
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4 cups hot cooked penne (used whole wheat)
In a large skillet, melt the margarine, then add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is softened and garlic is fragrant. YUM!!
Add the shrimp and mushrooms (or if you're cheap like me, keep your already cooked shrimp out at this point) and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid--around 8 minutes. Stir in the shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, and pepper. Heat through, then combine with the cooked penne (hope you remembered to cook it!!) and serve.
Per serving: 379 calories (although I put it in Spark Recipes and it said less...hmm..), 6 g fat, 48 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein

No comments: