- I made a batch of baked oatmeal to have for breakfasts all week.
- A batch of stuffed shells for my friend Molly and her husband to have--they just had a baby today!! I figure if I promise to bring dinner I have a better chance of getting to see the baby soon, right?:) I made them until the point of baking them, then put them on a cookie sheet and froze them. I will give them some spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese with instructions to pour sauce in bottom of 9x13, place frozen shells in, then pour sauce on top and sprinkle cheese. Bake for 35 minutes or so at 350 and they're good to go! I changed them up--used ground turkey, some turkey pepperonis, about 3 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, pizza seasonings, and mushrooms. Pretty much stuff them with whatever you have around! Easy fast homemade dinner to pull out of the freezer anytime.
- Made a double batch of Cook's Illustrated Thick and Chewy chocolate chip cookies (the same recipe we sell at school every week!) to bring to the new parents and for Norris and Russ who have been finishing the garage all day!
- A new pizza crust recipe, which (again!) is a new favorite. Used 50% wheat, 50% white flour and a tiny bit less olive oil. Crispy and delicious.
- A loaf of English muffin bread for Norris' breakfasts and to have with my roasted vegetable soup.
- Roasted Vegetable Soup for this week's lunches
I think that's it? It was fun and very productive! And snuck in a trip to the gym! For some reason, when I'm in the kitchen all day working with food, I feel like I've been eating all day and wind up not eating much. Just working with the food makes me lose interest in actually eating much that day. Maybe I should work at a restaurant so this could be true every day? :)