Thursday, August 12, 2010

Garlic Shrimp Linguine

Best meal I've eaten in a while! If you're gluten free, at least try the shrimp and sauce....incredible! Of course, most things made with real butter are incredible! I used the pasta I got from the farmers' market, a basil garlic flavor that was really great with this sauce. I could have eaten the whole pound of shrimp, but fortunately for my cholesterol, I did not. I sauteed some green beans for a side and they were good mixed in, too. One more great part of this is that it took me less than an hour including peeling shrimp, cleaning and trimming green beans, measurements, eating, AND clean up!

Garlic Shrimp Linguine

~10 oz uncooked linguine
1/4 cup butter
8 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup white wine (I used tree free chardonnay, since we had some of a bottle sitting around that I needed to use up in something)
~1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (don't use the powdered stuff! add more to your own taste)
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or about 2 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of raw shrimp

Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta cooks, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add garlic, wine, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer mixture for 7-8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings after the sauce has reduced some.
Crank the heat to medium high and add the shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink (~4 minutes).
Toss with pasta and serve. Top with additional parsley and Parmesan cheese if you like!

No comments: