Friday, August 13, 2010

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

I think almost everybody likes ranch. I know we like it in our household! I have tried the fat free varieties and have wound up throwing away whatever food I put it on because it just tastes so fake. This light homemade ranch dressing has a great rich flavor that develops over a few days. I tried it on Sunday right when I was making and admittedly almost threw it away. When I tried it on Tuesday, I loved it! It just needed time for the flavor to develop!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

3/4 cup light mayonnaise

3/4 cup light sour cream

1 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp lemon juice
about 1 cup buttermilk
1 small bunch chives
small handful parsley
1 clove garlic, chopped
a couple sprigs of fresh dill, or about 1/2-3/4 tsp dried
1/2 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender (another thing the Magic Bullet was good for, except I could only fit about 1/3 of the recipe). Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste. Store in refrigerator.
from Annie's Eats (originally from The Gourmet Cookbook)

No comments: