Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicken with JalaPeach Sauce

For Christmas every year, my aunt buys me a subscription to Everyday with Rachael Ray, which I think is a fun magazine to read. I always tear out recipes to put in my folder to try out, and remembered this one the other day when I was looking for something to make with the great peaches in the stores right now. You could use any dry rub on your chicken that you like, but I just did salt and pepper on them because I was cooking for one and really just wanted to try the sauce, so the chicken was just the delivery method!:) RR suggests chicken wings and grilling the meat while basting with the sauce, which I'm sure would be wonderful! I just used chicken breasts and cooked them stovetop, basting with sauce every time I turned them. Very good! Loved the spicy/sweet of the sauce!

Jala-Peach Sauce


Ingredients:
1 pound peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 pickled jalapeño chile, stemmed, plus 3 tablespoons pickling juice (or use fresh plus a splash of white wine vinegar) (I used more like 2 tbsp of the juice here...didn't want to run the risk of it being too vinegary)
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper


Directions:
Using a food processor, puree the peaches, pickled jalapeño and juice, the honey, mustard and worcestershire sauce; season with salt. At this point, you can add more sweet or spice, depending on your tastes. Pour one-quarter of the sauce into a large bowl and the remaining sauce into a small bowl.
(at this point, I cooked chicken breast tenderloins stovetop and basted with the sauce) Here are the grill instructions:
Preheat a grill to medium heat. Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper and coat lightly with cooking spray. Arrange on oiled cooking grates and grill, turning occasionally, until no longer raw on the outside, 6 to 8 minutes. Brush the wings generously with the larger amount of reserved sauce. Grill, continuing to turn occasionally, until deep golden-brown and just charred in parts, 8 to 10 minutes. Toss the wings with the smaller amount of reserved sauce. Transfer to a platter.

No comments: