Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicken Tequila Burgers

This great summer recipe came from Loves to Eat, a great source for clean eating recipes. We obviously aren't clean eaters, but I like to throw in as many colors and healthy recipes into our meals as possible!
I'm sure you could leave out the tequila, but I still have the same bottle from at least a couple of years ago that I only use occasionally in recipes, so I used it in this. Made a real dent using a whole tablespoon...
I really liked this recipe and am excited to have leftovers for lunch with a salad. I enjoyed mine topped with sauteed red bell peppers, lettuce, a thin spread of sour cream, and a few drops of hot sauce. Lots of layers of flavors with the cilantro and lime in the burgers, also. These were easy to make ahead and just broil when I was ready. You could certainly make these up the day before and have dinner already prepped for the next night!
And keep scrolling for culinary school pictures if you're interested!!
Chicken Tequila Burgers
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (had to leave this out so Norris would eat them, but I think they would be great in these!!)
2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb total
4 tbsp cilantro
zest of 1/2 lime
1 oz. tequila
dash of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
buns, lettuce, peppers, or whatever you'd like to top them with!!
Preheat broiler on high.
Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine garilc, jalapeno, chicken breasts, cilantro, and lime zest in a food processor. Pulse until the chicken is ground and looks uniform.
Add in the tequila, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and panko. Pulse until combined well.
Form 4 patties and place them on prepared baking sheet.
Broil burgers for about 6-7 minutes on each side.
Serve with your preferred toppings.
We received our class pictures from the second year of culinary school and they were fun to look at! I didn't take a single picture with my own camera this year, which was silly now that I think about it. I will remember next year!!
Left: preparing mirepoix on stocks day; Right: sifting ingredients on baking day

No comments: