Friday, May 29, 2009

Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies

Last fall, I ordered some cookies from a school fundraiser called strawberry shortcake cookies, or something like that, from Otis Spunkmeyer. They were amaaazing. I could not figure out exactly what dough base to make them from and what went in them (although I know there were not any strawberries in them oddly enough!). I searched all over and can't find their recipe or exactly what is in them...so I'm still trying to figure out if it's more of a chocolate chip cookie dough base with different mix-ins or more of a sugar cookie base (it tastes somewhere in between). Anyway, here is one attempt at replicating those, from an All Recipes recipe. These are really good, even though they are not strawberry shortcake tasting!

Be sure to take them out right before they're actually done. Store in an airtight container with a piece of bread to keep them soft. I think these would be a great Christmastime treat, also.



Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies


INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon brandy (I used vanilla instead)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries (I used cherry flavored Craisins)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. (At this point, I refrigerated them overnight. I think it helps with the texture of the cookie, so I always do this if I have time.)Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
**If anybody has a secret trick to the recipe I'm looking for, please do share!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I love cranberry and white chocolate together - especially in a cookie! I have one from around Christmas time that I love!