Thursday, March 26, 2009

Barbecue Sauce

This is the BBQ sauce for the brisket, but I bet it would be good on anything...


Barbecue Sauce

Emeril Lagasse
Yield: 5 cups


4 cups ketchup
1 c finely chopped yellow onions
½ c Steen’s 100% pure cane syrup (I used dark corn syrup, couldn't find Steen's)
½ c dry red wine (I used cooking wine...we were at school!)
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T Creole mustard (spicy brown)
2 T dark brown sugar
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced jalapenos
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t hot pepper sauce
1 t salt
½ t cayenne

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to mix well. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not the biggest barbecue sauce fan so I'm always looking for one I might like. This one sure sounds worth a try. Thanks for posting.

ljkc said...

Mmmmmmm... I made my own BBQ sauce once... I ended up mixing actual BBQ sauce into it because I failed the recipe miserably, lol... ;)

xo