Monday, August 15, 2011

Smashed Red Potatoes

All summer long, we grill and roast chopped red potatoes to get a nice crispy skin and they taste so great. I was about to do the same for this meal when I realized I had just made the Smoky Grilled Red Potato Salad (one of my favorite dishes to bring to get togethers still!) and should probably change it up. I served this with the mushroom chicken, which was the worst picture I've seen in a while and should not be shared again. These were great to soak up the mushroom sauce on the plate!


Smashed Red Potatoes

10 medium sized red potatoes, diced (be sure to get uniform sizes so they cook evenly)
everything else is approximate; do it to taste, like every recipe!!
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tbsp skim milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 tsp dried rosemary
salt
pepper

Boil red potatoes. Drain and smash. Keep some chunks in there for texture. Stir in all of the other ingredients, taste, and adjust. Serve with something saucy to soak up the sauce!

No comments: