Thursday, August 11, 2011

Low Fat Chewy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

First, I have to say that I love bananas but hate banana flavored things. As long as it's real banana and not imitation banana flavoring, I'm in. In the case of these cookies, I'm ALL in. These are awesome.
Norris didn't even know there was banana in them before I told him, and then he could taste it. So, if someone in your family is not a banana lover, don't worry--it's not too strong.
I still have about ten black bananas in my freezer plus a few more on my countertop that will probably meet their fate in the freezer also, so I have my eye on a few more banana recipes to try. I'll let you know what I discover!

Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Splenda (could use sugar instead)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
1 large egg
1/4 cup mashed banana (about two medium bananas; use your overripe bananas)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Cream together butter and sugars. Mix in egg, banana, and vanilla.
Stir in flour and oats just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop by heaping tablespoons onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just lightly brown on the sides. Store in an airtight container after cooling completely.

adapted from Skinny Taste

No comments: