Thursday, April 23, 2009

Avocado Dip

I was really craving some good guacamole last week, but thought I'd better at least try to find a slightly healthier version. Ashlee had the perfect recipe for me. She suggested serving this as a dip with sweet potato fries, which sounds awesome. I had a snack of it with bagel chips, which was really good too. I think it would be good with cucumbers dipped in it too. Last night I had it as a salad dressing on my salad of greens, strawberries, crushed bagel chips, and grilled chicken. It was awesome! It kept well in the fridge for about four days before I had to throw out the last little bit (browning avocado).

Avocado Dip

Avocado Dip:
1 Haas avocado
1/2 cup plain lowfat organic yogurt
2 tbsp. light sour cream
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 scallions, white and light green part only, chopped
1 lime, juiced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Place the avocado, yogurt, sour cream, jalapeno, scallions, and lime juice into a blender or small food processor.
Blend for 1 minute or until you have a smooth paste.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

No comments: