Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Black Bottomed Cheesecake Squares

These are really good and really basic! If you're looking for something a little different, I want to point you back to my favorite pumpkin spice cheesecake swirl brownies, but these are really good and a crowd pleaser. My grandma gave me the box of Jiffy brownie mix and this recipe was on the back. I could not stop eating these--cutting them into little bites so I could eat "more" of them:)


Black Bottomed Cheesecake Squares
from Jiffy

Brownie Base:
1 pkg of Jiffy fudge brownie mix
1 egg
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used minis)

Cheesecake layer:
8 oz cream cheese, softened (used Neufchatel 1/3 less fat)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus more for garnish

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 inch square pan.
Combine brownie base ingredients and pour into pan.
Cream together cream cheese, vanilla, sugar. Add eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour cheesecake layer over brownie layer.
Bake abot 45 minutes or until cream cheese layer is set. (pkg says 30-35, but that was not near long enough!). Cool before serving. Garnish with mini chocolate chips.

No comments: