Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Asian Glazed Drumsticks

I have never had the Asian Zing wings at Buffalo Wild Wings, but I would imagine that if they're any good, they taste like these. I absolutely loved the sauce and the chicken was fall off the bone tender. While this recipe takes some time to cook, it is very simple and doesn't require many dishes, which is always a bonus! I never share recipes here that we don't like, but I definitely have some favorites, and this is one of them. This will be a regular! Two more great things about this recipe: it's a lot better for you than traditional wings or saucy chicken and it's also very inexpensive to make! I put some of the sauce on my steamed broccoli and loved it there, too. We plan to make the sauce by itself in the future also to serve over smoked chicken wings. Yum!

Asian Glazed Drumsticks
from Skinny Taste
Serves 4

8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
cooking spray (I use an olive oil mister)
1 cup water
1 tbsp Sriracha
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tsp agave nectar (used sugar)
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger, grated (used 1 1/2 tsp)
2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds

Spray large saute pan with oil and heat. Brown chicken on both sides, about two minutes each.
In a separate bowl, combine water, balsamic, Sriracha, sugar, garlic, and ginger. After chicken has browned, pour this mixture into pan with the chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bring the liquid back to a boil. Reduce sauce until it has formed a thick glaze (but watch out so it doesn't burn!). My chicken was falling off the bone, so I removed the chicken and reduced the sauce by itself after about ten minutes. My sauce took about 25 minutes to reduce to a medium thick glaze.
Drizzle glaze on top of drumsticks and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.

Nutrition Info: (2 drumsticks plus sauce)
Calories: 180; Fat: 3.5; Protein: 23.5; Carbs: 9

No comments: