Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cheesy Pesto Dip

I have no idea what to name this, but it was really, really good! Aunt Kris always brings good stuff from Costco to family things and I always wish I had one instead of Sam's here! She brought a torte that had cream cheese, sundried tomato, and pesto in it and I knew I had to make something similar. We hosted a party for New Years Eve, so I decided that would be the perfect opportunity for making it. I have some left over that I plan to put on pizza crust and am SOOO looking forward to it! I might put some roasted red peppers and spinach on top of the pizza..yumm!

Anyway, here's the simple recipe I put together based on that torte we had from Costco. I had goat cheese and wanted to add that it, and loved the addition. I used the pesto I had frozen from the end of the summer and made this recipe super simple! You can adjust the amount of pesto and sundried tomatoes depending on your taste preferences.




Cheesy Pesto Dip


8 oz cream cheese, softened

4 oz goat cheese

1/3 cup pesto

1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, drained and minced plus some for garnish

Combine cheeses until blended. Stir in pesto and tomatoes. Scoop onto plastic wrap and wrap the plastic around to shape the cheese into a brick shape. Chill until set up, about two hours. Garnish with more sundried tomatoes and serve with crackers.

No comments: