Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Honey Lime Roasted Corn Salsa

After how much I loved the honey lime enchiladas from last week, I thought it would also be an excellent flavor combination in salsa. I like lime juice in my salsa, but hadn't thought of honey before, although I'm sure it's nothing new in the food world.
Norris' aunt and uncle grow corn so Norris brought some back for us last week. You can do whatever you like for the salsa--this is just my ideas and a flavor combination that I enjoyed!

 Honey Lime Roasted Corn Salsa

3 ears of corn, roasted (on the grill or microwave/boil first and then roast under broiler, then trim from ears)
1/2 fresh jalapeno, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pepper, finely chopped (I used a combo of green, yellow, red, and orange)
2 Tbsp lime juice
1-2 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 onion, finely chopped

Combine and let flavors marry in the fridge before serving. I think this would also be good warm or at room temperature.

No comments: