Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Barbecue Pork Quesdillas

Norris has been making some awesome fall off the bone smoked pork lately. He comes up with his own idea for rubs and the last two have been really great. The most recent had some chipotle buffalo sauce on the outside instead of his normal olive oil and then a spice mixture and I loved loved loved it. The only problem was that we planned on feeding 10-12 people with it (we were at the lake where it's normally community dinner every night!) and there were only 5 of us eating it (where was everybody???)! This meant we had some leftovers, which I was not disappointed about, and have been eating for lunch a few days already. I put quesadillas on the menu and while I was looking through the freezer for meat, it dawned on me that the pork would be good in them. I heated up the pulled pork, mixed with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce, and put it in a quesadilla along with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Oh my gosh, was it good! Of course, I wound up topping with a couple of jalapenos and serving with a little sour cream, and it was gobbled up by the boys on poker night. SO good!
I don't know what happened to my camera, so another even crappier phone photo goes with this.



Barbecue Pork Quesadillas
(not much of a recipe!)

two flour tortillas
barbecue pork mixed with a little extra barbecue sauce
sauteed sweet onions
mozzarella and cheddar cheeses (shredded) --amount is your preference

Make in quesadilla maker or on stovetop. Serve with jalapenos and sour cream.

No comments: