Monday, March 7, 2011

Filipino Adobo Chicken

Now that soccer season has started, I am always on the search for easy recipes that can be prepped ahead of time. Considering our upcoming beach vacation, I need to also find recipes that will leave me ready to enjoy the sun in a swimsuit!! This recipe fits all of my criteria plus it is inexpensive to make, which is a big bonus.
I found this on Skinny Taste which I have mentioned before. Gina has great Weight Watchers recipes on there and I even found a lot that Norris will enjoy or has already enjoyed! (Asian Drumsticks to name one--and we did use that leftover glaze over smoked chicken wings and it was really darn good!)
The only thing I changed was to bake this instead of cooking it stovetop. I needed it out of my way since I was using the stovetop for other creations! I baked it for 30 minutes covered and 15 uncovered.



Filipino Adobo Chicken

Serves 4

8 chicken thighs on the bone, skin removed (original calls for legs)
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 bay leaves
1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)--I used a sprinkle of ground red pepper instead

Marinate chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, and pepper in a baking dish for at least one hour and up to 24 hours. Add 1/2 cup water to dish and stir into sauce. Bake covered with foil in a 325 F oven for 30 minutes, then uncover, increase heat to 350, and bake an additional 15 minutes. Discard bay leaves.

Nutrition Info (per serving--2 thighs):
Calories: 179; Fat: 5.4 g: Carbs: 3 g; Protein: 28.5 g

No comments: