Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tangy Blueberry Salad

Blueberries are finally on sale at the store! Instead of their normally astronomic price that makes me scratch my head and wonder how they can even charge that much and who actually buys them...they are only a buck for a carton! Now I'm the one buying them.:)

This is now in contention for my favorite salad, up against my other favorite apple salad. (Seriously, if you still haven't had that one, try it!!) Try this one too! (while blueberries are cheap!) The dressing tastes really tangy when you first make it, but once you mix it with the blueberries, it's perfect.



Blueberry Dressing

1/4 cup olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
2 T red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all in air tight jar with lid. Shake until blended. Chill.
Serve over a bed of mixed greens with blueberries and slivered almonds.

No comments: