Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grilled Pizza

When I first moved to Wichita after college, I took a gamble and moved in with two girls I didn't know. They were friend of a friend of a friend type thing, but I definitely didn't know them. We all went to K-State at the same time so I figured they had something going for them:) The gamble definitely paid off and I wound up meeting some of my closest girlfriends who I still love to hang out with. Our lives have changed a lot since then, but we still get together (including an unforgettable trip to Mexico this summer!).
How does this relate to grilled pizza? These two girls were so great that they just brought me along to everything with their friends since they were both from the area and I wasn't. They let me tag along and introduced me to a lot more people who I now luckily have as friends also. One time they brought me to a grilled pizza party. Everyone was to bring toppings and the host was manning the grill all evening throwing together all sorts of combinations. I remember loving the texture of the crust and all the different combinations he came up with, but I was so excited to meet people that I didn't think much about the pizza afterward. Wish I would have remembered it sooner because it's so good!
For me, right now is prime grilling season because it's not so dang hot. Fire up your grill and follow the super easy instructions to grilled pizza. Try to get your grill heated evenly so it doesn't turn out like mine in the corner:) If you haven't cleaned your grill in a while, do that before you make this. Hey, it needed cleaned anyway!

Grilled Pizza

your favorite pizza dough
your favorite pizza toppings

Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Brush grates lightly with olive oil.
Place dough on grates, close lid, and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes. Use tongs to remove dough from grates and place cooked side up on a cutting board. Top with toppings, then place back on grill, close lid, and allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Done!

No comments: