Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Magic Pizza Dough

Yep, I still make pizza about once a week. Turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, and a 75% whole wheat crust. Now I have been making batches of dough, putting a portion in the freezer, and sticking it in the fridge a day before I want to use it. Then the next night after dinner, I assemble the pizza, then bake it the next day to minimize actual prep time before dinner/after soccer practice!

I found a tie for a favorite. This is from Good Things Catered, and I see why it's called Magic Pizza Dough. I made this with my kids and they got really creative with their toppings! They could not believe how good homemade pizza is. Only one of them had ever even had homemade! A lot of them put fresh jalapenos on theirs, which turned out to be my personal favorite topping choice of them all!

Here is the link to the dough: Magic Pizza Dough. Give it a try! It's so easy--drop the ingredients in your food processor, stick it in a Ziploc until the next night, assemble your pizza, and bake. Since you can pop your food processor into the dishwasher, the only thing you'll have to wash is your pizza pan! I don't have a pizza stone, so I baked them on regular pizza pans and they were excellent!
 
Magic pizza dough:
2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp honey
3/4 cup water (105-110 degrees)
scant 1/4 cup olive oil
 
In bowl of food processor, add flour, yeast, and salt. (If you're making it the same day you're using it, use 2 1/4 tsp yeast)
Turn food processor on and while running add honey and water.
Slowly add olive oil until dough just comes together around the blade.
Turn food processor off and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter.
Pull dough together with a few throws against the counter. If you need a little extra water or flour, add it.
Place dough into large gallon size ziploc and refrigerate overnight (or if using it the same day, put the bag in a warm spot like the top of the fridge for an hour or two)
remove dough from fridge and place on counter to come to room temp (if you used the fridge)
Roll out dough, top it, and bake for about 10 minutes in a 500 degree oven.

No comments: