Monday, May 9, 2011

Asian Chicken Pizza

For a while, I was making a homemade pizza every week, but I haven't done that in about a month, so figured it was time while I had the time! There is now some pizza dough in the freezer for next week, too!
I didn't tell Norris about this one before I made it because one time I mentioned barbecue chicken pizza and he didn't like the sounds of it. This one sounded too good to pass up so I just made it and of course he really liked it!
Prevention RD described the pizza well--tangy and unique but AWESOME! We both really enjoyed this.
I only made one large pizza instead of the two twelve inchers the recipe calls for, so I would suggest making 2/3 of the sauce recipe rather than all of it. Also, let the sauce cool a bit before pouring it onto your crust, especially if it is super thin like mine was. I don't know why, but when I poured the sauce on, it cut a hole in my crust and I had to do some patchwork. Loved the pizza still, so I imagine if I follow all the things I just wrote, I will love it even more next time!

Asian Chicken Pizzza

12 oz chicken breast, chopped into small pieces (I used about 8 oz)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 1/2 Tbsp honey
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar (I used white wine vinegar and it turned out great)
1 tsp olive oil
2 cups mozzarella cheese
sesame seeds for topping
1/4 cup sliced green onions or chives, for topping

Preheat oven to 450 F.
Combine red pepper flakes, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl--stir well to combine.
Cook chicken in small skillet, then remove from skillet. Pour sauce mixture in skillet and cook over medium heat for about twenty minutes, or until thick and syrupy. Put chicken back in skillet and cook over low heat for about five minutes. Remove chicken from sauce.
Form your pizza dough into the crust while the sauce cools a bit. Rub olive oil over crust. Sprinkle with extra red pepper flakes if desired.
Spread sauce onto crust, then top with chicken, cheese, and sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven for about 13 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and more red pepper flakes.

No comments: