Sunday, May 8, 2011

Light Cucumber Ranch Dressing

Thank you for all of your notes about my last post. It was really therapeutic for me to write, and I knew I wanted to write it for myself, so I figured I would share. Thanks for your positive responses, thoughts, and prayers for our family.

I finally got back in the kitchen a bit today and found another winner from Skinny Taste. I prepped veggies and salad greens to bring for lunch each day and this is the dressing I'll bring in a separate container. It's slightly tangy, good and garlicky, and will leave you with dragon breath! (especially if you add the extra clove of garlic like I did) Just share with your lunch buddies and nobody will notice your breath:) I made what Kath calls a Hugh Jass salad, which cracks me up every time.


Light Cucumber Ranch Dressing
(for Nutritional information, go to Gina's site)

1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk (I used 1 1/2 tsp vinegar plus milk to equal 1/2 cup and let sit for five minutes before using. Otherwise I would just waste the rest of the buttermilk)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
3 tbsp fresh parsley
1 clove garlic (used 2)
1/4 cup chives or scallions (my chives are raging in the pot outside, so I used chives)
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/8 tsp garlic powder (omitted)
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Chill.
Makes 1 3/4 cup/7 servings

No comments: