Thursday, December 3, 2009

Must Read: Redeeming Love

This school year started out in a strange way--with a substitute in our department. One of my coworkers was on maternity leave at the beginning of the school year, and Rebecca came to fill in for the first six weeks. We were so lucky to get her! She is a great lady--still our sub of choice:) and comes by to see us every now and then. Rebecca told me I had to read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (all 478 pages of it..) and she gave it to me one day and said I'd probably be giving it back almost immediately because I wouldn't be able to put it down.
She was right--I think I read our entire time traveling for Thanksgiving, and I normally can't read very long in the car. This book was really incredible. It's set during the Oregon Trail/Gold Rush era and makes you want to go live in those times, if only for a few days. It's an awesome love story and a retelling of the Book of Hosea. If you're looking for a great gift or something to add to your check out list from the library, you have to check this book out!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

2 comments:

rhonda said...

I read this in college during a finals week and couldn't put it down either. I recommend it to every woman I know...I can't believe I never told you, but I'm so glad you read it. Ah, it makes me swoon. So good!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

This is my favorite book! It was so healing for me and just a great read.