Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grilled Shrimp

This is a great healthy 30 minute meal. (And I actually mean 30 minutes, not like the Rach's "30 minute meals" that always take me much longer because I don't have anybody to mince my herbs and arrange them in bowls for me before I start cooking...)
I got this recipe from Cassie. She skewered hers and put them on a grill. I didn't have any skewers, so I broiled them and it worked just as well. My shrimp are a little smaller than hers too, but again, use whatever you have! I served this with my favorite apple/cashew/golden raisin salad, and counting salad and shrimp, it was all ready in less than 30!


Grilled Shrimp
Serves 4
1½ pounds 31/40 shrimp (31-40 shrimp per pound)
For the marinade:
3 tbsp fresh lime juice (I used part lemon and part lime)
1 tbsp tequila (optional)
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika (I only used a dash, because I'm definitely not a fan of this stuff!)
dash cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp dried parsley, or 1 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
Mix together all of the marinade ingredients. Peel and devein the shrimp if necessary and add them to the marinade. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until pink and opaque. Serve warm.
Category: Blog
MCN: EAE8B-C0D13-5009C
© copyright Thu Apr 30 08:42:36 UTC 2009 - All Rights Reserved

No comments: