Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Norris! (and some yummy cookies:)

This is what's going on outside right now. Happy Birthday Norris, the first snow's for you!:) We are celebrating with dinner and relaxing tonight!

These are the addictive Andes mint cookies. I got them from the Sister's Cafe blog, and then I melted some semisweet chocolate squares (with a touch of veg oil to make it easier to drizzle) to put on top. YUM! I might have had a few already today...
Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies
Submitted by Mindy
1/2 cup salted butter - softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10oz) Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
2 2/3 cups flour
Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed. Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour. Chill approximately one hour in refrigerator. Measure out approximately 1 oz of dough. Form ball and slightly flatten. Raise oven rack one level above middle and bake on non-stick baking pans. Bake at 350 for approximately 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans for two minutes before removing. Drizzle melted chocolate if desired. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooh I am posting cookies soon with the Andes on TOP of the cookie - but I like this one too!

J.L. Danger said...

Andes mints are one of my favorites! I think I would like this recipe!