Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No snow day here....

but it's snowing like crazy outside and there is a considerable amount of ice on trees, cars, and the ground. Hmm.... sounds like another night of keeping warm on the couch! :) I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and it is harder than I thought it would be! It's some of the best 20 minutes worth of exercise I've ever gotten at home, anyway!

A couple of years ago for Christmas, my cousin Carianne, a personal trainer and superfit superfly girl:), gave us all some recipe cards with some of her favorite healthy recipes on them. I have enjoyed every one I have tried, and gave this one a try today. It's really great, and an easy way to get in lots of veggies. I left the chicken out, and you can choose your own veggies. It's all in the sauce! No picture...but imagine just how colorful and crunchy this is. It would be a good side dish, or a big bowl full of this plus a container of yogurt makes a great lunch (yeah...that's what I just ate for lunch, I can say that from personal experience!!:)

Asian (Chicken) Salad

1 bag broccoli slaw (or ½ bag broccoli slaw, ½ bag coleslaw) mix (in produce dept.)
3 scallions, chopped
½ red pepper, chopped
½ green pepper, chopped
¼ c unsalted roasted peanuts
¼ c soy nuts
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
(can add all of these, or whatever you prefer, in desired amounts)

Dressing:
2 T sesame oil (or veg oil)
1 T creamy peanut butter
½ c rice vinegar
2 T splenda or sugar
1 T plus 1 t lite soy sauce
¼ c water

Mix all salad fixings together as desired. Dissolve peanut butter in oil before adding other ingredients. May also add sesame seeds, Asian seasoning mix, and/or garlic chili sauce to “zip” the dressing a little.

1 comment:

J.L. Danger said...

mmm, I love asian salads!