Monday, August 6, 2012

tip: freezing chipotle peppers

I love the flavor "chilpotle":) peppers add to dishes, but I have never used the whole can at once or even within a week's time. I finally decided to try freezing them instead of wasting them, and it works great! I love freezing pesto and having just a cube of it ready to go, and it works just as well with the peppers. It makes it easy to thaw out one at a time and I didn't notice any difference in texture or taste.
Just spoon a pepper and some of the adobo sauce they come in into an ice cube tray and freeze them. Pop them out of the ice cube tray and store in a freezer ziploc bag or container until you need one. It helps if you remember the night before, or you can run the bag under water and thaw it out pretty quickly.

No comments: