Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Orange-Cucumber Salad

This is a light, refreshing side that made me long for summer. It's a lot like what I call "lake cucumbers" because my mother in law makes them and I love them. She uses vinegar, sugar, cucumber, onion, and...??? water? maybe that's it?

Try this out with the juicy oranges in the stores, or use the cutie clementines like I did. Great either way!
I keep forgetting to take photos, plus it's dark when we eat since it's after five! Trust me that it's very vibrant!



Orange Cucumber Salad


from Weight Watchers





3 oranges, peeled and sliced
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch strip (just realized I forgot this--will have to add it in now--this would be even better!!)
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt





Combine oranges, cucumber, pepper, and onion. Add the vinegar, sugar, and salt and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate (I like it kind of cold).

Per serving: 66 calories, 1 g fat, 14 carbs, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein
Makes 4 servings

No comments: